The application will open at noon on November 1, 2022.
Students eligible to be considered for acceptance to the program:
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.4 or greater by the end of the Fall 2022 semester to be considered for admission.
- Must be a first-year (class of 2026) student
- Applicants must submit the Google Form application by 11:55 pm on Monday, November 7, 2022.
- The application requires students to upload a current resume. This must be formatted in the First Year-Sophomore template at the bottom of the OPCD website https://opcd.wfu.edu/land-it/resumes/.
- The application includes two essays, which will require time to complete, so please take this into consideration to meet the submission deadline. These essays are:
- Explain in an essay why you have an interest in a career in finance. What skills and strengths do you have that are applicable to this field? The essay is limited to one double-spaced page (12 font) with one-inch margins. Please upload it in pdf format.
- Please discuss a current event related to the finance industry that is of interest to you and explain why you think it is noteworthy. The essay is limited to one double-spaced page (12 font) with one-inch margins. Please upload in pdf format.
- The application requires you to submit a two-minute video outlining how you stand out and would be a good candidate for the PWSCT program and how the cohort would benefit from your admission.
- Over the winter break, students will be notified via email of their admission status. A School of Business advisor will enroll admitted students in Financial Accounting (ACC111) for the spring term.
To remain and complete the track, students must:
- Complete ACC 111, FIN 231, and BEM 201 by the end of fall 2023
- Complete FIN 203 and FIN 232 by the end of spring 2024
- Achieve a B or better in all Finance classes beginning with FIN 231
- Attend extracurricular PWSCT sessions led by faculty and industry professionals in spring 2023, fall 2023, and spring 2024
- Attend Professional Development sessions in spring 2023, fall 2023, and spring 2024
- Attend scheduled sessions during junior and senior years with special topics
- Participate as a student advisor in the PWSCT during their junior, and senior years
Space is limited to 30-35 students. Meeting the admissions criteria DOES NOT guarantee entry either into the track or into the Business School.
PWSCT admissions decisions will be finalized after the fall 2022 grades post. A business school advisor will work with admitted students to add ACC111 to their schedules.
Students admitted to the PWSCT must make a B or better in all Finance classes and maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.4 to remain in the program. A grade of C or better is required in all other courses. The first semester a student does not meet these requirements, he/she must exit the program but is still eligible to apply to the School of Business.